CALL FOR APPLICATION
BALI DEMOCRACY STUDENTS CONFERENCE (BDSC) III
“Democracy and Inclusivity”
Nusa Dua, Bali, 5-6 December 2019
Bali Democracy Forum (BDF) is an annual intergovernmental forum initiated by the government of the Republic of Indonesia in 2008. It was created to demonstrate a progressive democratic architecture in the Asia-Pacific region. The Forum facilitates dialogues through sharing experiences and best practices in managing diversity that encourages equality, mutual understanding, and respect.
Since 2017, BDF has developed further by involving students through the Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC) which was held to transfer the value of democracy to the young generation and absorb views and input from them. BDSC I was held in 2017 and attended by 150 students from 61 countries. The theme was “From Campus for Democracy”. Following the success of BDSC I, BDSC II was held in 2018 and attended by 138 participants from 58 countries. The theme of the BDSC II was “Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspectives”.
BDSC I and BDSC II resulted in documents namely “Voice of the Youth” and “You[th] Make Changes” respectively. Both documents were then used as recommendations to enhance the value of Democracy in participants’ respective countries.
This year, in conjunction with the Bali Democracy Forum XII (BDF XII), The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Indonesia will hold the 3rd Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC III) at Nusa Dua, Bali, 5 – 6 December 2019. BDSC III will uphold the theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy”.
The participants of BDSC III will consist of 150 students from all around the globe. During the program, the participants will share their experiences related to democracy and inclusivity in their respective countries from the perspective of youth.
The application of BDSC III’s participants must be submitted online and open for both Indonesian and Foreign Students studying in Indonesia. Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The committee will conduct the selection process for all submitted applications. The committee’s decision on the selection of participants is final.
The application of Non-Indonesian BDSC III’s participants who reside in Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Hessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz dan Saarland should submit their application through the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Frankfurt am Main.
Indonesian citizens applying for the program should refer to the information on https://bdsc.kemlu.go.id/.
For more information, contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for International Participants:
1. Bachelor or Master student of University or College, having an interest in international, social and political issues, particularly democracy.
2. Age between 21 – 28 years old, or has completed at least 4 semesters (Currently in the 5th semester).
3. Has never participated in any previous BDSC.
4. Good command of English both written and spoken.
5. Actively involved in various students and social organizations.
6. An active user of social media.
1. Filled in application form (download here)
2. Curriculum vitae (PDF file max 1MB).
3. Recommendation letter from university (recommendation letter from faculty or university are accepted, the file should be on PDF form, max 1MB).
4. Statement letter to join the entire program of BDSC III in Bali from 4 – 7 December 2019 (File PDF max 1MB).
5. Scanned passport and University Students ID (File JPG max 1MB).
6. Photo (File JPG max 1MB).
7. TOEFL/IELTS certificate (if any).
Scan and send your documents to email: email@example.com before 18 October 2019.
Subject: BDSC2019 Application.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Frankfurt am Main will bear the cost of 1 (one) participant from Germany with a round-trip economic airfare (point of departure from Frankfurt)
The BDSC Committee will bear the cost associated with the participation in the conference, i.e:
1. Twin-shared accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights in Bali (check-in on 4 December 2019, check out on 7 December 2019).
2. Local transportation (Airport-hotel and hotel-venue).
3. Meals during the program.